Skip to main content

Enrollment Information

Who needs to complete Houston County Schools Enrollment Forms?

  • Students who will be attending a Houston County School for the first time
  • Students new to the district (they have recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)

Complete New Student Registration

This paperwork can picked up at Cottonwood Elementary School.

The following documents are required before a student may be enrolled:

Provided by Parent or Guardian: 

  • Alabama Immunization Record (If you are coming from another state you must obtain an Alabama form from the Houston County Health Department)
  • Official Birth Certificate 
  • Social Security Card (Voluntary) 
  • Proof of Residence (A utility bill or copy of change address from the post office is required) 
  • Guardianship Records: (Only for students living with someone other than a parent.) Proof of legal guardianship is required by law for all students living with anyone other than a parent. 

Provided by Houston County Schools: 

  • Alabama Application for Student Enrollment 
  • Cafeteria Sheet 
  • Home Language Survey
  • Bus Registration Form
  • Residency Questionnaire 
  • Special Services Information 
  • Ethnicity and Race Questionnaire 
  • Alabama State Department of Education Employment Survey
  • Health Assessment Record-Must be completed with or without a medical condition 
  • Code of Conduct Handbook-Signature page REQUIRED by parent and student 
  • Houston County Schools Handbook-Signature page REQUIRED by parent and student